Nailing to concrete?

I hear you. Last week I bought some Ramen Noodles. Three ounces net weight. Doesn't begin to fill the bowl that used to be over full when I made Ramens. I'd not saved any of the old packages, but they likely went from four ounces to three. The shrinking food trick. But, the price is the same.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What is the fat content of "excessive meat" these days anyway? I know that since they changed the grading standards and what used to be choice is now called prime, getting a decent steak is "tough". I guess we are burning all the corn in our cars now. I can remember when sirloin was a good piece of meat, now it is stew beef.

Reply to
gfretwell

You just live in the wrong part of the country. Come to Tejas, here's just a few in my area no more than 20 minutes away or less depending on which one

meat nirvana

Reply to
ChairMan

Mmmmmmmmm! Yummmmmm! Nothing like corn-fed beef and a couple ears of Roundup Ready corn on the cob.

Reply to
GMO

Whoosh!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well then, please enlighten me on what I missed? Is the "...and not eat excessive meat." an inside joke with you and the mormon?

Reply to
ChairMan

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Just a chip off the old block.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I've eaten cow meat, deer meat, shark meat, octopus meat, duck meat, etc.

I've never eaten excessive meat.

What part of an excessive produces the best cuts?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Dunno, but I have had the "meat sweats"

Reply to
ChairMan

Back in the Garden of Eden, Yahweh made Adam a "help meat," I think.

Reply to
TimR

Actually, that was a "help mate", although some websites actually use the term "help meet".

This site gets it's wrong twice:

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help *meet* for him.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help *meet* for him.

This site only get's it wrong once:

2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help mate. 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help *meet* for him.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

You're humor challenged, that one when "whoosh." IT WAS A JOKE.

Also you're an idiot. The bible does NOT say a help mate. Help does not modify mate. The bible says a help, meet. Meet is a term that means appropriate or suitable. It modifies help. Yahweh provided a help suitable (meet) for Adam.

Maybe not quite suitable enough.

Just goes to show what happens when you use a translation from 1611. And are an idiot.

Reply to
TimR

Reply to
Stormin Mormon