My Security Cam Only goes out at night

hey everyone, i have a Lorex VCR , and a Lorex 16 security Camera input reciever, i have been having a consistent problem with this camera, one of the 6 cameras that i am using stops working as soons as it gets dark, now i have no idea about whats going on, but the problem has existed for a long time.

I have the reviever set to where there is a full view of the security camera output for about 3 seconds, and then it goes on to the next one. what happens is when it gets to the 4th camera, you will only see the image of the camera before it, or sometimes you will see a very very dark image of what the output should look like.

but please i need help with this camera, and if anyone has a solution, please forward some info

email: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
badal.bhakta

Swap that camera with another camera. See if the problem moves to the new location. If yes, then camera is the problem. If no, then maybe settings or wiring. If camera is problem, look at switch settings if any - or get repaired or replace it.

Reply to
Bill

Years ago I worked on a job where the security installer put in some cheap security cameras. When it began to get cold out some of the cameras would just transmit black. Eventually they installed heaters on the side of the cameras and they worked fine after that. I was surprised at the improvement because the heaters were nothing more than a small foil mat that connected directly to the camera power supply and were attached to the side of each camera.

Reply to
John Grabowski