My repairs for the day

I got an email from one of my friends who told me her toilet was leaking.

Before I could get back to her I got a text from another friend that she was having problems with her land line. (She texted me from her cell.)

Called the first friend back and fortunately she was just venting...she did not expect me to fix it, her step son was going to do the job.

Whew, got out of that one.

Sooo I go over the the other person's house and she is in a total snit because her landline is not working and she had not talked to her mother in weeks.

I asked why she just did not call her mother on her cell phone.

She then screamed at me that her mother only has a land line and she did not know you could call a land line from a cell phone!

Although she is in the beginning phases of dementia, I'm pretty sure this is just plain STUPIDITY!

I would rather have fixed the toilet!

Reply to
philo

You hang out with Nancy Pelosi?

Reply to
rbowman

All these problems involve a female.  I've always wondered why women can't fix their own stuff.  Is a penis required to fix shit?

Reply to
Jimbo

No but a penis is required to be dumb enough to fix things for women all the time.

Reply to
rbowman

I'm thinking that supplying that help will help to get the penis what it most desires ;)

Reply to
Frank

philo wrote in news:oqpalm$s0d$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

At this point, I would have told the bitch to go f*ck herself, because I wasn't going to accept it in trade anymore.

That is why you put up with this isn't it? Because you get a little in "trade" whenever you fix something. You know: you fix something for her and she fixes some for you.

If you aren't getting any trade, you'r even dumber than I thought.

And a loser too.

Reply to
Jack Meoff

My first thought was Hillary but you're right, it could by Pelosi too.

Reply to
Wally

Believe me , men can be just as dumb.

This guy called me because he could not get his email to work and over the phone it seemed like all his settings were correct...so I went over there.

Here is how he had his email address entered

Dummy at gmail.com

He did not use the @

At some later date his computer had a real problem so I had to take it back to my house to fix it...

after I dropped it off he called me and he was pissed off because the keyboard did not work.

Solved that over the phone. That was two years ago and I have never taken a call from him again.

I have two other friends who are men and just as dumb.

OTOH: My wife, my daughter and even my mother were computer and cell phone literate before I ever was

Reply to
philo

I assure you, there is nothing I would want "in trade" from this woman except to get the hell out of there.

Reply to
philo

Yeah, that's the honey trap women have been using for millenia. I had a friend who kept me around because I could fix Saabs. She could cope with most home repairs and handle her little chain saw to keep the stove going but the Saabs were beyond her. To her credit a Saab 96 is beyond a lot of people.

Reply to
rbowman

So far, Hillary is just the same old Hillary we all know and loathe. Pelosi is starting to have increasingly frequent public senior moments.

Reply to
rbowman

.

You've got to try the cold chai:

Wally

She just had an attack of nostalgia and was showing the younger generation how to do the Funky Chicken.

Reply to
rbowman