My Queen Needs a New Throne

We have had it with the toilets in this house that have a hard time flushing water let alone anything firmer. Any one care to recommend a toilet that really does what it should do only using one flush rather that three. Never understood how the fools in Washington came up with the water saver toilet.

Of course might as well redo the floors and what ever else SWMBO comes up with.

Thanks Bob S

Reply to
RWS

Assuming you do not have an underlying clog in the drain pipes or hard water build up in your toilet jets, you may want to look into a pressure assisted toilet or the Americal Standard "Champion" model as it has a large diameter trap (this is the one that swallows a box of golf balls with one flush)

Reply to
PipeDown

American Standard "Champion" model. I own one, and this is the best flushing toilet I've seen yet. Never tried the golf balls, but I've never had a problem with anything going down in one flush.

Reply to
Rastus

Canada sells three-gallon toilets.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

I'll solve your problem with one word: Toto!

Regards,

Phil

Reply to
aquanomics

Toto is highly rated.

RicodJour

I'd recommend a Toto Drake. It has an oversized flapper and a powerful, quick flush.

I also tried the cheaper Glacier Bay Westminster but was disappointed in its performace and will probably either get rid of it or relocate it. Since the toilet will be there for a while, don't skimp.

I did notice a high incidence of toilets with sealing problems around the plastic flush valve (below the flapper in the tank). One burr in the mating porcelain, and you get dripping. I'd recommend taking silicone sealant to that seam before you fill the tank with water, just to save you troubles. Just be sure not to get any on the flapper seating surface or the flapper.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

Some are still available, but the law has changed here to 6 litre toilets too.

Reply to
EXT

Yes, Toto is the brand, Drake is the model. Work exceptionally well and have passed many tests. A little noisier than most but the sound is short and quick not lingering.

EXT

My sister recently built a new house and has 4 bathrooms. 3 in the main house and 1 in a guest "apartment". The 3 in the house are American Standard and the guest one is a Toto to save money. She wishes she had put the Toto in all of them. I stayed in the guest space and was very impressed with that Toto plus it has that soft drop seat. After we came home the kids were always banging our seat. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Toto has 60 toilets on their USA web page. Which one?

Reply to
Pat

The Ultra Max is a good one. Check prices on eBay, too. I found a seller on eBay, contacted them by phone and they gave me a much better deal.

The soft-close seats are great. Impossible for them to slam.

RicodJour

Look for one with a pressure valve by Sloan. They are made by Gerber and Kohler and others. Also consider the taller toilers oval shaped instead of round short ones.

Reply to
Art

Geez, I waited too long. It's back to hand-made toilets to get a decent 3- gallon flush, it appears.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Reply to
Don and Lucille

I work for Sloan, and you're right about the higher toilets - a lot of people find them more comfortable. We call them ADA height toilets. I know nobody asked me, I get alerts when our company name is used in cyber space, but I thought I'd give you a little insight. To find a distributor for Kohler or Gerber bowls that use the Sloan Flushmate, you can go to

and click on the button which says, "Find Distributor". Sorry for butting in! If you'd like more info you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@sloanvalve.com Thanks, Jim

Reply to
proplum

Here is a site with the complete testing of just about every model of toilet available:

DT

Be sure to check out Terry Love's plumbing site:

It has reviews, customer comments, and a forum. There appear to be a lot of horror stories regarding the American Standard Champion.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

This is Turtle.

if your buying the towlet , get a American Standard built in Pressure assist and you flush ONE time. south or $325.00 Wholesale.

If you have a towlet already and need to convert the towlet over to a PRESSURE ASSIST [ any brand ] , Get the American Standard Kit for Pressure assist of Older towlets. South of $250.00 Wholesale.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE