my french drain leaves large puddles whats wrong

i did a french drain in my yard but i have giant puddles of water now

Reply to
jerseygirl

Next time use an English drain. ...or, give us more information.

Reply to
willshak

where does the new french drains water exit?

Reply to
bob haller

Did you actually do a French drain or just dig a holding pit w/ some gravel? Sounds like the latter; the water has to go somewhere and if there's no outlet and the volume isn't large enough to accommodate the accumulation until it can percolate, then you'll end up w/ standing water.

Reply to
dpb

Isn't it obvious? Water is not draining away. Maybe your soil is soaking wet already. {I mean saturated with water near 100%}

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Obviously to a giant puddle ;)

Reply to