My dewalt 18v drill's chuck is stuck!

I opened the chuck all the way and now it won't close. I tried to force it with channel locks and now it won't turn in any direction.

Is there any way to fix this? Has anyone had this problem? thanks

Reply to
wxjames

Maybe the screw is loose that holds it to the drill shaft, and is jamming it up. I've seen that happen. Otherwise I dont know what to say except replace it. Maybe a soaking wiht WD40 ???

I am assuming its a keyless chuck, and those things re really made cheaply.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

Maybe try gently tapping on the jaws. One of them might be stuck.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

If it jams, force it. If it breaks... -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Get mean with it.

Put it in low and use vicegrips and hit the trigger.

Repeat until it works free or burns out the motor.

Reply to
Deke

And if that doesn't work, not so gently. Give it a medium whack, the jaws or the bigger part that holds them.

Reply to
mm

replying to wxjames, meg hobbs wrote: I have the same problem. It seems to be a mechanical issue that Wd40 won't resolve. It just won't move and just clicks if I try to turn it.

Reply to
meg hobbs

meg hobbs posted for all of us...

To the OP. Where? On the other hand it's a dewalt...

Reply to
Tekkie®