More Questions about Houses in the Catskills

Hi, do you know why houses in the Catskill's that are apartments sell for approximatley 40 to 60 percent (maybe even less?) cheaper than if they were just for one family? Like, if there is a 3,000 square foot wood colonial house that sells for $200,000, it--according to what I can tell--would sell for approximately $100,000 (maybe even 75 or $85,000?) if it were a two-or -three family house or if it had apartments or is a bording house etc.. I think you get much much much more for your money in a hotel than you do for a house there too, according to ads I've seen. I'm pretty sure that a house that's used as retail space is cheaper too. Thanks again.

Reply to
Chris Tsao