More cheap Chinese stuff

"At a time when the federal government is spending billions of stimulus dollars to stem the tide of U.S. layoffs, should that same government put even more Americans out of work by buying cheaper foreign products?

"In this case, Chinese condoms."

It seems the U.S. government buys billions of the damn things for distribution in Africa, Asia, and parts of West Virginia. Instead of buying domestic condoms at five cents per, they are now going to buy Chinese condoms at two cents each.

At the new price, a person could buy a gross for under five dollars. Even if one or two were defective, you could still have a pretty good Saturday night.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, really, it only takes one defective one to ruin a LOT of Saturday nights...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

"HeyBub" wrote in news:FP6dncCOs742m1XUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Considering their population issues, either they have no idea how to make effective ones or have no idea what they are making.

Reply to
Red Green

Imagine a Nigerian struggling with a Chinese-sized condom and blaming the Americans!

Hell, he probably had enough trouble with the "Snuggies" we were sending originally. The best he could do with the new model is use it as a tourniquet.

Reply to
HeyBub

Aside from the obvious problems with cheap condoms I would be afraid, at this point, of NOT continuing to buy from China. What happens if they get pissed off? Their new capitalistic economy seems to depend upon our economy.

Reply to
Ulysses

The birth rate in China is actually slightly lower than in the U.S.

Doug Miller