Mold on shingles

I have mold and probably other things growing on my shingles on the north side. I'm thinking about using bleach but I need to know how strong it should be. Thanks

Reply to
John Lynch

HD and others sell a spray for moss-mold, I dont know if bleach will hurt the roof. Roundup should also work, but will these discolor the roof ? Look into a spray made for roofs or try an area with bleach, but it may discolor it a 10% - 20 % solution should kill it

Reply to
m Ransley

Bleach will kill what is there, but it will not stop it from coming back. Commercial moss chemicals can kill what is there, a little more safely than bleach, and will help prevent it a little longer. Zink strips (them sell them for this use) will kill and prevent future mold for an extended period.

Of course if you can increase the sun and ventilation to the area, that is even better.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Uh, he didn't say it was a 'mobile' home.....

Reply to
Bob

No, but trees can be trimmed

Reply to
m Ransley

Do Zink strips need to be nailed to the shingles? Where can I find them? Thanks for the help. John

Reply to
John Lynch

I have not used them myself, but here is a link

Joseph Meehan