On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:31:08 -0700, chaniarts
You can eliminate UV from the guess list. I've had it happen in a
closed toolbox, where no light enters except perhaps twice a year.
It's also happening in my steel drawer tool boxes, where again little
light enters. Ozone is a possibility, but I don't have any obvious
sources for excessive ozone in the shop (Hi-V, electrostatic
precipitators, negative ion generators, laser printers, etc). However,
I do store aromatic chemicals nearby, which may be the problem.
Also, an important clue is that I can have a drawer full of plastic
handle hex spintite wrenches, and only some of them will have a "mold"
problem. This implies that the culprit is resident mostly in the
plastic and not the environment.
Opinions seem to vary...
Mold growth on plastic:
Can mold grow on plastic and, if so, is there a way to clean it? - See
How to Remove Mold From Plastic:
Jeff Liebermann firstname.lastname@example.org
150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Click to see the full signature.