Minwax "Polyshades" -- why not for floors?

Won't wear well, though, for the ages...then again, if only walk on them in stocking feet, may be "good enough"

Minwax makes a specific line of products (as do all the other manufacturers) designed for floor use to be harder and more durable.

Reply to
dpb

Same!! How did it turn out? By sanded, do you mean you took it down to the bare wood? Or just scuffed with a buffer?

Reply to
themoralhighground

Wow I did my floor with the blue poly shades and it is beautiful!

Reply to
BONNIE

It is beautiful until it wears off. It is not a penetrating stain - more like a "toner" and it doesn't wear terribly well.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I moved to Manhattan in 1995 to an old apartment with dry wooden floors that had not been refinished in years. I would say there was more color than finish on them, no shine at all. A friend from New Orleans said he used Minwax Polyshades right on top of his old floors with amazing results. Since it was a small space and I could redo them if it didn’t work, I tried it with fantastic results. I lightly sanded the medium-brown floors and hand l-brushed old maple polyshades right on top of them to make the color richer. I was in the apartment for 14 years and had no problems. While I would not do this to new or completely re-sanded floors as a base finish, it definitely worked as a facelift for old floors as a top coat.

Reply to
ElleryG.