Minwax "Polyshades" -- why not for floors?

On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 12:39:18 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I didn't see Mormy in here...but I agree!
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 11:03:55 -0800 (PST), bob_villain

He just hadn't weighed in yet. He'll be there sooner or later (unless just to prove me wrong, once again!!!
| Manyana and Stormy need to give this topic not only a rest but "the | deep sleep" | | The important thing is people are getting the information they need.
If they learn how it works then we all benefit. Wouldn't you want to learn if you didn't know? And wouldn't you prefer not to have the noise of gmailers talking to ghosts?
With the gradual fading of Usenet and the moves by Google, a lot of people simply don't get how it all works. I find that with my own friends and family. They understand that they can find discussions online, but they don't understand where those discussions come from.
On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 8:32:56 PM UTC-6, Mayayana wrote:

Ahhh shaddup! He is a snarker!
I used the minmax polyshades to worn out hardwood floors 2 years ago! It s till looks amazing. I only put on one coat and still not see any wear in h igh traffic areas. I'm not an expert, but most of it was common sense. It was in my kitchen, so I couldn't do the entire floor at one time. I stained a 8x6 feet area at a time. Put fans on it for 3 days and LET IT DRY completely. My hardwood floors have been rejuvenated for about $35.
I hope this helps others.

Thanks, I'll try and remember that. Might be totally useful some time.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:00:18 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe it won't even hold up in your area. How would you know if you just applied it? Why the need to use a product where it says it not intended to be used, when there are plenty of products for floors available?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Like the George Washington bridge NY/NJ
--
Tekkie

Ignoring the jerk responses here's the fact. Polyshades doesn't stain the wood it topically colors it such that any scratch (which is much more likely if you use it on a floor) will result show the original Wood's color. If you're slow and careful with your application it can look quite nice. But you really need to apply MULTIPLE VERY THIN COATS otherwise you'll get the results the trolls mention (streaks and splotches). All this being said, I'd water you could pull off a floor use of you for it with multiple layers of proper poly. But they defeats the whole idea of this being a quick finish and you'd be much better if staining and then finishing.

But polyshades whole idea results a quick water multiple finishing stain is better not scratch?