I have an 14-years-old GoldStar microwave that I bought in 1991.
Normally, I could hit the <Start> button, it would light up, it would
start making noise, its turn-table would start spinning, and it would
heat the food/drink. But one week ago, it started acting up. Now, when
I hit the <Start> button, it will still light up; but it will make very
little noise, its turn-table doesn't spin, and it will not heat the
food/drink doesn't matter how long it has run.
Sometimes, I can start working again if I manually spin the turntable
before hitting the <Start> button, or if I pause it and restart it. But
these little tricks rarely work. As a matter of fact, these tricks seem
to have stopped working completely.
I have tried using different power outlets, with or without using a
power extension cord; but these don't make any difference.
What should I do? Does this mean this microwave is taking a