Metal Roofs

I am getting ready to replace my shingle roof with a metal roof (12 foot X 15") and would like to know how difficult it is to do and are there any tips that you could give? I re-shingled my roof myself the last time, so I do have some experience with roofing.

Another question is how do you handle square attic/roof fan since they are wider then a panel?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisW

Depending on the type of metal roof, and if the roof is not too cut up, installing is a relatively simple matter. Most manufacturers have web sites set up with details particular to their roof system. I would suggest you study and adhere to them. A site to get you started:

Generally, you will need to install a cricket (false roof) and curb, but again I would suggest following the details particular to the roof system.

Reply to
thunder