Wood floring - glued versus "floating"

I'm having the carpeting replaced in my living room and hallway - probably with some type of wood flooring - I know nothing about wood flooring - it appears that the "glued to concrete" type is a bit more expensive than the "floating flooring" - are there any significant pros/cons to either type of flooring? Aside from normal walking around on the floors by normal sized people, I do have a large fish tank (very heavy) that would go against a wall. Thanks for any suggestions!

Reply to
No-Name

the only tanks that haven't yet overflowed are ones that will do so in the future. do yourself a favor and tile under the tank out for a couple of feet, and don't put wood under a tank. damhikt.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Duh! And how does a fish tank *overflow* ?:-) Plumbing leak? Yes. Overflow? No.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

duh. i have a salt water tank, with a sump underneath. if the overflow out of the tank stops up or fails to overflow because the d*mn cat likes playing with the gurgling thing on the top of the tank, the pump empties the sump into the tank, and you get an overflow. or how about the time that my automatic filler blew a hose, dumped a 5 gallon bottle of water, and reverse siphoned the contents of the sump out onto the floor. duh.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

[snip]

Aha!

I don't have an automatic filler on my salt water tank. My sump is about 6 gallons so that wouldn't cause an overflow and I have a removable grill on top for servicing that my cat can't get thru ;-)

But you've now made me cautious... I've been considering adding auto-fill since I lose about 5 gallons a week to evaporation. (I have an R-O tank in the garage for carry-in refilling.)

"Reverse siphoned"? What, no air gap ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson