Medicine Cabinets

Hello. We want to upgrade our bathroom medicine cabinet and we found a really nice oak one at OSH store and the price was very good. The problem is that the cutout needs to be 16inches and our cutout is only 14.75 and there are 2 2x4's on each side so the only way would could do it would be to remove one of the 2x4's. Do you think it would be a problem to remove one of the 2x4's? It's a small corner wall so I know that a few inches over there is a corner beam or stud or whatever it is called. Or, does anyone know where I can find an oak medicine cabinet that has a 14.75 cutout? Ive done some online searching and there are a million out there, all shapes and sizes but nothing like what Orchard has. Thanks for any help.

Tom

Reply to
Cobalt1254

I mounted my medicine cabinets in front of the wall, my wife loves it that way it brings the mirror 3.5" closer (makes it look

7" closer)
Reply to
Nick Hull