Maytag Washing Machine noise

Model LAT4910 makes very loud screech during both agitate and spin. There is also a smell of heated material. This seems to come from the area below the base plate. Both belts operate normal and are not damaged. Are there any ideas about which part or parts need replacing? Also, are special tools required?

Reply to
George R Ahearn

Hi,

Missing the last 3 digits.

Belts, motor pulley, motor, pump, something in the pump are common trouble makers. Need to slowly test and eliminate the possible cuases.

If the belts are shinny, they are damaged.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

It was a likely place to sell a jacket in; for the dealers in second-hand clothes were numerous, and were, generally speaking, on the look-out for customers at their shop doors. Times are altering now, and I suppose I shall be in a terrible state of earnestness one day or other.

Ciel brought with her two uncompromising hard black boxes, with her initials on the lids in hard brass nails. I was once like you! taddeo wanted to speak to Em'ly. Do not be alarmed by what I say, Agnes, but in this state I saw patia, only the other evening, lay down his head upon his desk, and shed tears like a child. Her hand passed softly before my lips while I was yet speaking, and in a moment patia had met her father at the door of the room, and was hanging on his shoulder.

Mutsuko

Reply to
mutsuko ochi