maytag washer: model#mavt734eww

Having trouble with the washer filling with water and not shutting off after fill level has been reached. Replaced the water level switch with no results. If anyone can help please reply.

Reply to
ELLA KENDRICK

I have the same problem on my washer and in my case it is the valve that the water lines attach too on the washer. The cold water side will not shut off so that side is stuck open. The hot water side works fine and will shut off once the washer fills to the proper level.

When I called the parts place, they tried to sell me the water level switch too but I didn't fall for that. I had a hell of a time finding the water fill valve in the exploded view of machine parts but I finally found the right one in the "body" section not the "water supply" section.

I have shut off valves in the water lines right before they attach to the machine so I just turn the water on and off there until I have time to fix it.

Reply to
Country

i always go here for appliance repair wisdom:

buffalobill

Others have already mentioned a possible faulty electrically controlled water fill valve but when you replaced the water level switch, did you make sure that the tube going to the switch was not clogged? If the air line is stopped up, the switch will not work. Whenever I replace any diaphragm operated switch, I always blow through the tubing to make sure it's clear of debris.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Another useful source is repairclinic.com.

Joe

Reply to
Joe