Maytag Dryer Belt Replacement, etc.

Hello: I have a Maytag PYG1000AWW Rev. 11 dryer. I have two questions:

  1. The drive belt is broken. How do it get to the pulleys, etc. to replace the belt? I have removed the front panel, but I am not sure that's enough. The sides and rear are all one piece of sheet metal.
  2. When I lift the top, there are tow guide pins; one is next to each of the hold down spring clamps. These have a smooth end and a threaded end. Neither one has a nut on the threaded end, so they're loose and removable. Should there be a nut on each of these? Thank you. To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.
Reply to
George

Rick-Meister