Maytag dishwasher leaves black spots all over insides of cups/mugs on top shelf

That would show not much water coming out of the spray arm for the top rack, but I dunno how many phones will turn the light on when videoing in the dark.
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 8:25:48 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Put a flashlight in another bag. Do I have to help you with everything?
On 3/13/19 6:22 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Probably like looking through a windshield without the wipers going. I'd be worried about an expensive phone in that environment. It should be ok but......... Maybe a jar would be safer.
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 9:47:06 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

r insides of cups/mugs/glasses on top shelf.

out, the black bits persist! Cleaning out the main filter doesn't assist either. I have torn down the whole area above the main pump assembly (But neither are filled with black material)

ing cycle but surely enough water is swilled around the unit while it is ru nning, - and the dirty water drained out early in the cycle to clean out b lack pieces from the water swilling around the unit during later water cycl es?

ne? (Pump sounds OK)

ining SEEMS to be OK and all water seems to drain out at the correct rate)

s into the machine to do much to the top shelf?

es

ect

g and tried to video what goes on inside when it runs? Probably would be t oo blurry to work.

I don't think a jar can take a video though.
On 3/13/19 8:59 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Yeah, the phone might have a hard time recording through the glass. It's on the long list of things I haven't tried. Dunno.
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:16:27 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

ver insides of cups/mugs/glasses on top shelf.

em out, the black bits persist! Cleaning out the main filter doesn't assi st either. I have torn down the whole area above the main pump assembly (Bu t neither are filled with black material)

rying cycle but surely enough water is swilled around the unit while it is running, - and the dirty water drained out early in the cycle to clean out black pieces from the water swilling around the unit during later water cy cles?

hine? (Pump sounds OK)

raining SEEMS to be OK and all water seems to drain out at the correct rate )

ets into the machine to do much to the top shelf?

does

onnect

bag and tried to video what goes on inside when it runs? Probably would be too blurry to work.

My comment about using a jar was a joke, ie just using a jar.