Masonary drill bits

I have used 2 different brand of masonary bits.
I can not even drill one hole before it becomes dull.
I used both a regular drill and a hammer drill.
Geez.
Andy
On 4/12/2019 2:22 PM, A K wrote:

Are you running the drill motor in the correct direction?
(Sorry if that seems like a silly question but we do have several democrats here so I had to ask.)
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:31:29 PM UTC-5, Roger Smith wrote:

Yes. I used a Century Tungsten Carbide bit.
Andy
On 04/12/2019 12:49 PM, A K wrote:

DeWalt, Bosch, Makita... Depending on the application you could rent a Hilti powder actuated driver. BANG! and the stud is in place.
On 4/12/2019 2:22 PM, A K wrote:

Are you using a good carbide tipped bit or a cheap steel? At work we used carbide bits to drill into concrete to anchor machines and did dozens of holes with the same bit.
A good rotary hammer drill with SDS bits should last for many holes. If you bought the bits at the dollar store you got what you paid for.
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:34:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Will this work in a regular hammer drill?
The shank is an unusual design.
"https://www.homedepot.com/p/Drill-America-1-4-in-x-4-in-Carbide-Tipped-SDS-Plus-Masonry-Hammer-Drill-Bit-SDS144/304744764"

Only in an SDS Plus drill. They do things differently to simple hammer drills.
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 11:53:43 -0700 (PDT), A K

SDS bits will woek in a standard chuck. If it is a hammer drill it will work in "mode 2" so it will not be as effective as in a "mode 3" SDS hammerdrill
A K posted for all of us...

No, look up SDS and SDS plus and prepare to spend money.
To answer your original question you may be pushing too hard and not clearing the dust out? What are you drilling, block, concrete, stones? Look at some U tube vids and get some tips. I do not know the quality of the bits you posted.
--
Tekkie

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 3:19:23 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

If

-SDS-Plus-Masonry-Hammer-Drill-Bit-SDS144/304744764"

the

The bit worked great along with water.
The tip showed no signs of melting.
Andy