Man Dies in Sink Trap

Nov. 21, 2003

Detroit, MI

DETROIT MAN DIES AFTER GETTING CAUGHT IN SINK TRAP

Ronald Dupree 32 from Detroit, arrived home from work around 5pm, Friday, and immediately started to clean out the sink trap in his bathroom, which, according to his wife, was clogged. Little did he know this would be the last day of his life.

His wife phoned the police at 7:21pm, stating "my husband is stuck in the bathroom sink pipe, and appears to be drowning on the bathroom floor". An ambulance arrived at 7:34 and immediately began working on Dupree. It was too late, however, since Dupree was already dead when they arrived, and it appears he died around 6:30pm.

According to authorities, Dupree got his arm stuck in the trap, and unsuccessfully struggled to free himself. Three fingers were severed from the struggle. The coroners report states that the actual cause of death was from drowning in the trap, after the trap grabbed his arm and pulled him into the water.

Officer Collins stated that this is the first time he ever heard of this happening, and expressed sympathy for the family. "There was nothing we could do. When we arrived, he was already dead" stated Collins. "I'm no plumber, but now I know why they call that thing a trap" stated paramedic Thomas Kindt. He went on to say "that thing literally trapped him, sucked him in, and drowned him in his own bathroom".

A licensed plumber will be called in to work with the Detroit police to further investigate this matter.

Funeral arrangements are pending and will be posted as soon as they are available.

Terry Erickson, reporter. Detroit News

Reply to
terickson

Stormin mormin Trollin