Making tile grout mildew resistant

Is there an additive like M-1 (used in paint) that can be added to grout to help make it mildew resistant? I have actually emailed the maker of M-1 but have not heard back yet.

Reply to
Larry B

Use a grout like Laticrete Spectra Lok and you won't have to worry about anything.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Wouldn't using a grout sealer prevent mildew to some extent?? I know you would like something in the grout rather than on the grout, but I would think if the moisture were prevented from penetrating it that might do the same thing. Just a thought.

Reply to
Ken

Yeah, too true. Just would like to elevate mildew resistant to mildewproof-ish. If I hear from the M-1 people, I will let you know. Still seems like a good, non-traditional use of an existing product.

Thanks for jumping in.

Reply to
Larry B

Well, the people at Jomaps, the mfg of M-1, emailed me that you can safely add 1 packet to a gallon of grout!!

Reply to
Larry B