Make table from handtruck?

Maybe someone here will know this....

Is it possible to make a lightweight stand up table out of an aluminum hand truck?

Like the aluminum folding hand trucks you might buy at Costco or something?

All I need is a surface or deck on it at say stand up or desk height...either one. Preferably adjustable to ANY height.

Big enough to set a laptop on?

I'm trying to invent a very lightweight portable table that could also be used as a hand truck too.

Reply to
me

Sure, but if I tell you how, you will steal my invention won't you?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Cats already out of the bag guys. Once posted its public domain and you can't patent.

Sounds like you want to make a light duty Ambulance Gurney. Some tool benches have these qualities as well. I'd say there's probably some Niches left in the market to sell these.

Reply to
PipeDown

Good point.

And if the OP works at it long enough, he won't need us.

No one's given even a taste of a design. Ideas are not patentable to begin with. Implementations are. (maybe with some exceptions like software, but I don't think in the case of tangible stuff.)

Reply to
mm

I didn't mean invent as in market a product... but invent for personal use

Just looking for some ideas. maybe someone already done it

Reply to
me

It's been done. It's called a rolling cart.

Reply to
Goedjn