Magic Chef dryer will not start

I have a Magic Chef dryer with an electronic control panel. When I press the buttons on the control panel I get lights, so there is power getting to the dryer. However, when I press Start nothing happens and if I open the door the interior light does not go on. I removed the door switch and brought it to the parts store but they checked it and it works. Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

Thanks.

Reply to
gmcon734

Without model information, it is hard to guess what basic platform your dryer is built on, but one place to look is the thermal fuse that is on the right side of the element housing that is at the top back of the drum. You can take a putty knife and slip it under the front edge of the top to release two clips that hold it down, then rotate it up on its hinges. You'll see the element at the back. The thermal fuse can open, usually from lack of airflow. Once fixed, make sure your venting is clear and not not kinked.

Reply to
nospamtodd