Maax Hydromassage Bathtub

I moved into a new home with this tub and noticed after a few baths that the hot water is leaking enough to cause water stains on the ceiling on the level below. Now because it is only when I use the hot water, I think it is likely the cartridge in the hot water tap. I'm planning on trying to find one to replace it with but I was wondering if it could be anything else. When I look at the tub from underneath, I don't see any leak spots, but the tap is right above a partial wall where I cannot actually see what is going on unless I break tiles. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I may be right or what else could be the issue? Thanks so much!

Reply to
Paul Dube

Paul Dube posted for all of us...

Get a real newsreader and find out what is being discussed on the newsgroup: alt.home.repair

You will find other posters that have experienced the same problem as you.

I would also address this with your Realtor and builder as an undisclosed problem.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I don't see how his newsreader relates to his problem or why he needs to see what all else is being discussed. He asked a real, legitimate question .

I would also suspect that by "new" he means a house new to him, not one tha t was just built.

If it's the cartridge that's leaking, then I would think the water would be coming out from the top/front where it's visible or at least visible with the handle off. If that's not the case, IDK how a cartridge could make a leak from behind the faucet works.

Reply to
trader_4

Paul, many times there is an access panel on the other side of the wall that you can open to gain access to the plumbing. That would make it much easier. Other wise you can make a small hole in the wall and buy a small inspection camera. They are not expensive.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

u can open to gain access to the plumbing. That would make it much easier.

on camera. They are not expensive.

That's a good point. Sometimes they use a vent grill as a cover so it looks like an HVAC return air grill for example. If it's a spa type tub with pump, it should have an access panel of some kind.

Reply to
trader_4