Lumber Yard in Toronto

Hi,

Can someone suggest a lumber yard near Toronto where I can buy pressure treated stair stringers ? I want those which are cut out from one piece, not the type Home Depot or Lansing carry which are glue together from smaller pieces.

I can't believe it is so difficult to find something this common.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Reply to
buywheels

Hi,

Can someone suggest a lumber yard near Toronto where I can buy pressure treated stair stringers ? I want those which are cut out from one piece, not the type Home Depot or Lansing carry which are glue together from smaller pieces.

I can't believe it is so difficult to find something this common.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Reply to
buywheels

Doubt you'll find them ready made. You'll need to have them cut out. Stringers are not really a common item as for stairs to be done properly they should be cut to the proper size and can vary a few inches from deck to deck. It is really not hard to do it yourself. Buy a square, ruler, pencil and book on basic carpentry. .

You may be able to find a lumberyard that does millwork and can do it for you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Rusht Limpalless

Thank you everyone for the information shared. Appreciated.

-Doubt you'll find them ready made. You'll need to have them cut out. Stringers are not really a common item as for stairs to be done properly they should be cut to the proper size and can vary a few inches from deck to deck. It is really not hard to do it yourself. Buy a square, ruler, pencil and book on basic carpentry. .

You may be able to find a lumberyard that does millwork and can do it for you.

- Fairbanks central lumber on gerrard street or danforth lumber on dawes road.

Reply to
Jack