Low water pressure with new well pump system

I had a new well water system installed with a new 4" Goulds 1/2 HP submersible pump, 40 gallon pre-pressurized tank, 30/50 pressure switch. The depth is 30' and I have a good water supply with no sediment or air pockets in the water draw. The guy who did the work down and out with a back injury and I need to find a remedy before our annual wet toga pool party. The pressure is initialy good, however, it quickly dimenishes to a trickle after 10-15 seconds, the pressure builds back up fairly qucik but is is anoting to keep waiting for it to come up. I can see that the siwtch is kicking in the pump at around

30PSI and shutting it off at 50PSI. The problem is the water is marginally tollerable when I take a shower, I can't rurn on my inside faucet when the garden hose is running, and I'll be more worried when I try to clean my second level wood deck with a power washer. I understand that hte pressure should drop however, I did not expect that much of a drop. Should I step up the low side pressure or go to a 40/60 pressure switch? Is my inline filter dimenishing the pressure? What are my options and trouble shooting sceme for this situation? Cheers
Reply to
natureboy

Bet installing the new pump stirred things up. Your filter may indeed be clogged and the problem.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim