Low-Speed Forklift Chase Ends In Arrest - OAKLAND CA - Sell forklift for scrap?

OAKLAND (AP) ? A man accused of leading police on a low-speed chase from Oakdale to Modesto has been arrested.

Jerry DePalma, 48, and accomplice Irvin Turpitt, 51, allegedly took the

25-ton vehicle from Brown Sheet Metal and Mechanical in Oakdale.

Police say DePalma eventually jumped from the forklift, which has a top speed of 25 mph, and ran into a nearby orchard. He was located and officers used a stun gun to bring him into custody.

The suspects may have been trying to sell the forklift for scrap.

Turpitt is still at large.

Home Guy

"Home Guy" wrote yet another OT post about crime in America:

For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and other netnanny crap, why on earth can't you put OT in the subject line to mark the many deliberately provocative anti-American bullshi+ messages you enjoy posting? Just like Muslim terrorists bring shame to all Islam, you're making the Canadians who don't have your very big axe to grind look bad. I am sure they don't appreciate your

P.S. - Apologies to Tony and other Canadians (except HomeGuy) for any anti-Canadian comments I have made. I was provoked. (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

And I need to put "OT" in the subject line because the subject line is otherwise misleading or the exact nature of the post can't be deduced?

In this particular case (where the post is a story about a stolen forklift and low-speed police chase) was my subject line too vague or unclear? Would others mis-interpret this post to be "on-topic" because I did not preface it with the universal "off-topic" designator "OT" ?

Reply to
Home Guy

Since your post had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this forum, it shouldn't even be here.

Your OT post might have been slightly relevant in the alt.forklift.repair forum. Get it?

Reply to
Moderator

Hello Sock Moderator!

Who is wearing you on their left foot today?

Reply to
Home Guy

You're a despicable, hypocritical liar, Bill. I believe that *you* started an off-topic post here this month byt accused me of it. Check your facts. didn't start any. Why don't you prove your lies, Bill? Show me the OT threads I've started within the last six months that are NOT marked OT. I don't change subject headings to OT if the OP didn't do it right the first time, but that's because that splits threads and creates even more problems.

You appear to have some other issue with me and now I've got one with you. You're a damn liar. Plain enough? Prove you're not, Bill. The OT designator is so people can auto-filter threads, BTW. Just in case you're interested in the truth and not spreading malicious lies - YOU DAMN LIAR. If you want to start a war, I'll be happy to oblige. But first try to prove your worthless claims.

You owe me an apology, but I'm fairly certain you're not man enough to see it or do it. Now go check your facts and not your hateful fancies or the word of one of your BF buddies and get back to me, liar.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Robert Green wrote the following:

As far as I can see from my posting history this month in this group are

2 posts of mine that would be considered off topic without an OT preceding the subject.
  1. "Martial joins Amazon for packaging changes". 12/4/2011 9:26 AM Only two responses, neither of them were you.
  2. "Oops. Myth busters bust more than they wanted". 12/7/2011 9:02 AM Many responses, but not one from you.

I fear you have me confused with someone else. A. I don't care if some off topic posts by anyone are not marked OT. I may make a comment in the response thread, but I don't care about it. Hell, I don't even care if Stormi top posts, but I may respond the same as in the OT question above. B. I have no issues with you. If you can point out the message where I accused you for my OT post which caused you harm. Please do. If true, I will publicly apologize here.

And now, for the piece de resistance. C. My 'Do as I say and not what I do' comment was in support of your "For a guy who's always lecturing people to trim their posts and other netnanny crap" comment to the US basher HG.

Sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
willshak