Loose kitchen faucet

May? You gotta be kidding.

The MINIMUM trips for a DIY plumbing job is 3: one to buy the parts you think you need, the next one to buy the parts it turns out you really need, the next one to replace the parts you broke or dropped somewhere you can't get them out of.

There IS NO maximum number of trips.

PS. The pros are laughing, but they shouldn't. They do the same thing, except they've got more parts on their truck and don't have to go to the store.

Reply to
TimR

A big nut and then two lock screws to hold the nut. Is this a faucet or the landing gear on a 777?

Reply to
trader_4

I'm guessing Moen did that because the big nut can't be tightened enough by hand, there may not be enough room to turn slip joint pliers in the narrow space between the back of the sink and the kitchen cabinet, and few homeowners have a big flare nut socket or crow's foot socket for the nut. OTOH almost everybody has a screwdriver to tighten a couple of smaller screws.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

I'm having a hard time visualizing this. If the large nut can't be tightened enough, then how are two lock nuts that hold that nut going to secure it? If it's loose and you lock it, it's still loose.

I think the one hole faucets I've seen have been like Nestor says, ie they use a metal part that's cup like, larger than the hole, that goes over the part of the faucet that comes through the sink and then they use a smaller 5/8" or so nut to tighten that up.

Reply to
trader_4

After all these posts is Steve, the OP, still paying attention? By now the job is either finished or he has decided to call a plumber.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean

I already mentioned that one won't work on small nuts. My last post was in reply to a "big nut" problem.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

If the nut is about one inch in size, try this Delta RP60924 Wrench.

Reply to
rakeys