Looking for longer light bulb bases...

Newer light bulbs do not seat in my garage door opener. The bases on the newer bulbs are shorter and the bulbs cannot make contact. What do I need to look for when purchasing replacements?
On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:14:02 GMT, Richard Leow

With the power off, use a small tool of some sort to reach inside the socket(s) and pry the little copper tab up a little. All normal bulbs should then work.
On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:14:02 GMT, Richard Leow

I really just see that with CFLs and that fat ballast module. If you use a regular appliance bulb they will work fine.