LED can light replacements

I just replaced our light fixtures in our basement with LED can lights. Whe n I turned off the lights at the switch, I noticed that the LEDs were still dimly lit. Would there be some stray current that wouldn't be enough for a n incandescent light to work but is enough for an LED. Or just a faulty swi tch
Thanks.

Yes, not that uncommon with some less than ideal light wiring.

Switches don’t normally fail like that.
Can also be a dimmer if one is involved.

LEDs may glow a while after you turn them off as the capacitors discharge,. Check them in an hour or so
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 10:52:43 PM UTC-5, c1gmlm wrote:

hen I turned off the lights at the switch, I noticed that the LEDs were sti ll dimly lit. Would there be some stray current that wouldn't be enough for an incandescent light to work but is enough for an LED. Or just a faulty s witch

Could be either, but I've never seen a switch fail that way. Time to start diagnosing.
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 06:25:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4

The LED shop lights in my garage stay glowing for several minutes after I turn them off but it has to be really dark to see it.
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:23:06 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

. When I turned off the lights at the switch, I noticed that the LEDs were still dimly lit. Would there be some stray current that wouldn't be enough for an incandescent light to work but is enough for an LED. Or just a fault y switch

I have a bunch of LED can replacements here, a few different kinds, also bulb replacement, haven't seen that effect. But it's certainly worth checking before going further.