Leaky shower pipe

My basement stall shower (that I barely every use) has started dripping. I have taken the showerhead off and it is still dripping. Any suggestions on how to stop the leak? (short of ripping out the stall and/or calling a plumber).

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
jdschmi1

I don't know why you thought taking the shower head off would stop the leak. It has nothing to do with turning the water off, although it may hold a bit of residual water from the most recent shower, and drip for a very short time afterward. You need to deal with the faucet(s). Is it a single handle faucet, or separate knobs for hot & cold, or what? If single handle, do you know the brand, or can you describe any little decorative emblems you see?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Likely you need to replace a part in the valve. It all depends on the make and model of the valve. You might take a photo of it and bring it into the hardware store. They may be able to sell you a kit that has the part(s) and instructions. It may even include any tools needed. Don't forget the part about turning off the water supply before starting. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan