leaky refrigerator

Our Kenmore side by side with ice/water in the freezer door is leaking water onto the floor from underneath. It looks like the water is comming from the freezer side. The food in both the refrigerator and the freezer are still cold, but there is a small puddle of water on the kitchen floor every other day. What is causing this and can we repair it ourselves?

Thanks

Paula

Reply to
padug

Check the drain line to the evaporator pan. Mine used to clog up with lint regularly. Use a piece of electrical hookup wire (stranded), as the size of the tube is pretty small.

Reply to
professorpaul

Remove the front grill and see if the connectors for the water in the door are leaking. They are visible on my model with the grill removed.

Reply to
Art

I had a tiny tiny leak in the plastic hose going from the shut off valve in the wall of the house to the connector on the fridge. That's a relatively weak link. Easy enough to roll out the fridge and run your hand along the hose to see if it's wet.

Reply to
smcjensen