Leaky Faucet Revisited

Last week I posted about my nearly new Delta faucet that had started leaking. Tuesday a plumber came out and checked and told me that it was still under warranty. He helped me call Delta customer service and they mailed another one out Wednesday. It came Thursday. Today (Friday) it has been installed. I know someone on here mentioned that Delta has a one year warranty but it never occurred to me that it would be the problem -- I thought the original plumber did or did not do something. Turns out that i was just a defective product....anyway, thank you for all who helped. And thank goodness Delta does stand behind their warranties. The person who helped me there was really nice.

Reply to
Dottie

I wouldn't be real happy about it as tradesman cost is probably significant. A good product to me does not fail early.

Reply to
Frank

Hmmm She mentioned it was defective. When my house was built in '94, all the fixtures were Delta. Only thing so far I had to work on any of them was on kitchen swivel single handle faucet with vege. spray hose. Diverter valve got stuck and replaced it with bronze valve. Nothing else went wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm She mentioned it was defective. When my house was built in '94, all the fixtures were Delta. Only thing so far I had to work on any of them was kitchen swivel single handle faucet with vege. spray hose. Diverter valve got stuck and replaced it with bronze valve. Nothing else went wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm She mentioned it was defective. When my house was built in '94, all the fixtu res were Delta. Only thing so far I had to work on any of them was on kitchen swivel single handle faucet with vege. spray hose. Diverter valve got stuck and replaced it with bronze valve. Nothing else went wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm She mentioned it was defective. When my house was built in '94, all the fixtures were Delta. Only thing so far I had to work on any of them was on kitchen swivel single handle faucet with vege. spray hose Diverter valve got stuck and replaced it with bronze valve. Nothing else went wrong. Are you trying to say Delta is poor product?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

No, I know nothing about Delta. I'm just saying that even if warranted, cost to replace may be high. This is true of most stuff in the house. Part warranty does not include labor.

Reply to
Frank

Hi, Replacing most of things around house does not involve rocket science. Whem proper tool is not at hand or use the tool improperly can cause a big trouble/injury.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Finger twitch on the send button?

I have a white delta faucet and sprayer in my kitchen. It has a lifetime warranty. I've gotten parts for it several times free from delta. Including the faucet spout where the white has come off. I think I have my hw setting too high. But it never costs me anything. Of course I'm doing the labor.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Why do you try to rain on her parade. More important to you to strut your stuff than think about how she'll take it?

Reply to
mm

Tony, you already made your point in your first post.

Joe

Reply to
Joe