leaking quick-disconnect for faucet to garden house.

I bought a quick-disconnect from Home Depot, to connect a garden hose to a kitchen faucet. (I can't find the exact model on their webpage)

It leaks like crazy. Is that normal?

Maybe 10% of the water when a lot is flowing, a higher percentabge when the faucet isn't on much.

The connector seems to be in good condition, nothing missing or broken.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't leak?

One one occasion, when I had the end of the hose closed or almot closed, the hose along with its half of the connector came spurting off.

Is there a better quality connector that doesn't do that?

Reply to
micky

Something like this ?

Leaking from the threaded-on connection ? or leaking from the snap-together connection ? both ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

I've got several of them and while easily swapping nozzles, sprinklers is convenient- they do leak.

And mine do so from both the connection and the threads which like to back out from being hand-tight. Leaking from the connection happens if you apply lateral force to it. Sometimes crud gets into the connection and makes leaking worse.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Common sense says it shouldn't leak at all. That doesn't matter if it's a 1/4" tubing connection or an 8" irrigation pipe connection. An exception might be if there is a deliberate drain to prevent freezing. Even those shouldn't leak under pressure. That must make quite a mess around your sink.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yeah, that's it, although it didn't have a Moen name, and the white plastic part is green. Mine says on it NSF-61-G Lead Free

No.

Yes, just where the pieces come together, coming out I think from the circular crack between the plastic and the metal parts of the part on the left. Also that means there's no place for a mispositioned washer.

When the two pieces are together, one wobbles within the other. And it moves a full millimeter back and forth. It's not surprising that it leaks. Maybe I should go shopping in person and find one that doesn't wiggle.

This is too new to have crud.

And it does make a mess. Yet several of the reviews above comment that there is no leaking.

Reply to
micky

Are you sure you are not missing an O ring in the socket? That is the seal in the disconnects I have and when they leak I end up putting in a new O ring. Without it water pisses everywhere. Also be sure it is completely seated.

Reply to
gfretwell

Nobody else has asked, so I'm going to.

Why are you connecting a hose to your kitchen faucet?

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I did that to feed the water to the still cooling coils.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Enema?

Reply to
Cheez Whiz

That's a good one. It never would have occurred to me.

We have a similar fitting for the basement sink. I can't quite recall why. Perhaps something to do with cleaning hot tub filters in the winter.

(The basement sink isn't a utility tub; it's a regular stainless kitchen sink with a regular kitchen faucet.)

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Depending on what you are actually doing, a waterbed fill kit might work better

Anonymous

I sold my waterbed in 2003 but I still have a fill kit that looks exactly like that. I wonder why I still have that? It's not like waterbeds are coming back into vogue.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Me too ... when I was 15

Reply to
gfretwell

It was more like 1997 for us when I remodeled that end of the house. I just gave the waterbed away and built a bed with the same type of drawer storage under it set up for a king mattress. I ended up with a void between the drawer units that I left open and it became our dog house. 3 dogs have found it and slept there over the years.

Reply to
gfretwell

I put mine on CL with a 'best offer', thinking I'd maybe get $50 if I was lucky, but a woman called and asked if I'd sell it for $1700. I told her if she came over right away I'd even help her load it. It turned out that I misplaced the brand new padded rails so she took it without those. I found them about 6 months later but she had already purchased a set so I trashed mine.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Wow. I was once looking for an appartment and found a big house for rent, and when I asked how much it was, he asked how much I wanted to pay! After 2 or 3 go-rounds, I said good-bye.

I wonder where she got the idea 1700 was a good price.

OTOH, I sold me previous car for $1000, a fair price, but I couldn't find the spare keys or fobs until a month later. I emailed him a half-dozen times and never heard back. Later ones might have bounced.

All I had was his email, no phone number.

He was a guy 50 or 60 who came with a friend to drive his car home. Either he really liked his friend or, what I eventually thought of, he was a flipper, and he'd already sold the car a month later and didn't want to be bothered with more keys and fobs.

Reply to
micky