Latex paint sticks to rubber gasket on door sill

I just installed new trim around an exterior door and put in a new sill with a gasket. The trim has the Stanley style foam which doesn't stick to latex paint. I forgot about the gasket on the sill. The bottom of the door adheres to the gasket making opening after a few minutes difficult. I have always found solid rubber gaskets stick to latex paint and can pull it off.

Has anyone remedied this with a lubricant or powder? I know I can take the door off and sand the bottom of the door and apply a polyurathane, but I prefer a quick fix. Any suggestions?

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

nospambob

I hate glossy latex paint...stuff always sticks to it. Never tried powder but it might work. Try rubbing some talcum powder on the paint where it touches the door. Rub it in so *it* sticks to the paint.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

For now I put Simoniz Car wax on the bottom of the door. It is a lot better.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John