Laminate flooring underlayment - Floorshop.com

Has anyone used Floorshop.com to purchase materials, and in particular their Isolant 2mm 3-in 1 Laminate Floor Underlayment?

Isolant 2mm 3-in 1 Underlayment

It's a little hard to see what you are getting when you order online. I haven't seen a product like this locally. I like the way the product is made, with the adhesive moisture barrier overlap.

Most of the things we have seen locally require that you tape butt joints of the material together. The one better quality material that we've seen here was the green Traffic Master with a moisture barrier, but I wasn't too impressed right away. It seemed thin and soft compared to the standard white foam, which I guess would still require an additional moisture barrier (and tape).

Any comments that you can share on Floorshop.com as a supplier and this particular underlayment?

Thanks,

Danny

Reply to
Danny

We ordered from Floorshop about 2 years ago. We picked up at a nearby warehouse instead of shipping, and didn't have any trouble there. One item we needed was out of stock, and when it became available 2 days later it was Fedexed to our home, no charge. We did not use the underlayment you mentioned, but purchased the Shaw Prevail laminate in Alpine Maple, and are very happy with it. We found the image of the flooring online was a good indicator of the actual floor, but we had also seen it in a flooring showroom first.

Reply to
Melissa

Well, Today, I found a similar product to the Isolant foam sold by Floorshop.com. It's called "Duo Foam with Self Seal" and is roughly the same, but I got it for $15.00 less per roll at a local store that sells primarily groceries, but often features merchandise that they've gotten through various low cost buyouts. I know that this foam isn't probably as quiet as some of the premium underlayment types, but, this is also on the ground floor (over concrete). I like the feature of the overlapped plastic lip with installed glue attatchment better than some methods that might just require a butt-joint of the material attached by a seperate strip of waterproof tape. I know that the foam probably won't be as quiet even inside the room, discounting that I'm on the ground floor and don't have to worry about noise telegraphing to a living space below. I guess for a while that this foam type was maybe the only type of underlayment available and should be satisfactory, although not as quiet as the premium underlayments.

Anyone have any comments or have used the specific product "Duo Foam with Self Seal"?

Duo Foam with Self Seal

Danny

Danny wrote:

Reply to