"Bellawood" Laminate Flooring

Does anyone have any experiences with "Dream Home" laminate floor, apparantly manufactured by Bellawood and sold by Lumber Liquidators?

They have 3 lines ...

Utopia (6mm thick, 10 yr warranty) Charisma (7mm, 20 yr, w/ pre-glued 3mm sound proof foam underlay attached) Nirvana (8mm, 25 yr, w/ the same 3mm foam underlay)

They also sell a foam-type of underlayment that they say is a moisture barrier. Would you use that as well as the pre-attached foam underlay (thereby making a fairly "bouncy" floor, I would think), or would you just put plastic down first as a moisture barrier? This would be installed on a concrete slab.

Thanks

PhilZ

Reply to
Phil

apparantly manufactured

Not me. I've just seen the ads.

barrier. Would you

What does the Bella people say to do? I put down a Mannington engineered wood floor over concrete slap. You need the foam backed moisture barrier to do it. No, it does not make it bouncy at all. It has been down a year this month and is in great shape. I'd do it again. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have laminate floor in my bedroom. Not Bellawood. Mine is over a terrazzo floor. I put the plastic sheeting 9 mil. then the foam. No, it does not make it bouncy. You need both for vapor barrier.

Mine has been down 18 months. It is great an easy to care for, just a dust mop. I'm gong to do the rest of my house after some painting.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat