Ladder Safety

I am looking to repair a section of my fascia. Because the working surface is a slanted roof, I am looking for some ideas to do the job in a safe manner. Take a look at the link for a picture of the fascia board that needs to be repaired. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Bgreer5050

google "little giant ladders"

Reply to
marson

Counting the siding courses indicates that the higher soffit repair is about 6' above the lower roof. You should be able to reach that without assistance. The lower repair can be done from pretty much any ladder. I'm not sure what you're indicating needs repair with that line at the lower roof.

RicodJour

that one is easy. Looks like about a 3:12 pitch. You can do it with a ladder that has an extendable foot for uneven surfaces. Put wide pads under the ladder feet so they wont wreck you shingles.

I had to do facia repairs on a 10:12 pitch roof. Much more exciting.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Did you use an extendable foot for the 10:12 ?

Reply to
Bgreer5050

No, can't be done. I built a work platform that I hooked over the peak of the roof and let it hang down. Kind of like a fancy ladder laying on the roor. My facia work was just a couple of feet above the lower roof line. My challenge was just being able to stay on the roof to do the work.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher