Ladder safety

Safety video (not)

HeyBub

Kind of funny is a sick sort of way. Ladder safety should be a priority. Recently had a neighbor take a nasty fall. She pulled her SUV up to a tree, placed a rug on the car and used it to support an extension ladder. She then proceeded to trim branches. The result was predictable, the ladder slipped on the car / rug and she fell a good 10 ft with momentum. She broke 8 ribs, collar bone, cracked 3 vertebrae tore the left rotator cup and punctured a lung. She crawled to a phone and called me, I took one look at her and called 911. She was in a hospital for a month and is still in a rehab facility, 3 months predicted recovery time, & no guarantee she will ever regain full use of her left arm. Safety first kids

Reply to
Eric in North TX

The sad thing is that after it slipped the first time, he kept climbing out on it.

RicodJour

The main take-away from this video is obvious:

Never buy a ladder from a couple dressed in wedding attire.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Maybe they just eloped and are selling off excess stuff for the honeymoon?

Reply to
HeyBub

but did the tree get trimmed?

Steve Barker LT

Not to speak of, the first branch to fall took the saw and operator with it. I suspect she was leaning into it and when the saw went through the pitiful 1" branch, the only resistance to her leaning went away quickly and disastrously. Luckily she was using a cordless sawzall & not a gas chainsaw. She actually was contemplating purchasing a gas chainsaw a year or so ago, & I talked her out of it.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Eric in North TX