Kohler Flush Valve(Flapper)

My wife dropped one of those bleach tablets in the tank of our Kohler Toilet. The tablet ruined the gasket on the flapper; the tank was leaking into the bowl(I could hear it after the tank filled).

It is cycling my well pump ~ every 30 minutes.

I was able to find a Kohler Flapper at Lowes, an exact replacement. I re-filled the tank & turned the water on & it's still leaking. I know it's leaking from the flush valve, I can make the lea stop if I put downward pressure on the flapper.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in Advance, -a12vman

Reply to
a12vman

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:24:08 GMT, "a12vman" wrote (with possible editing):

Remove the flapper and clean the exposed edge of the siphon which goes into the bowl. Sometimes deposits build up on it which prevents the flapper from sealing.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

gorilla glue a bleach tablet to the top of the flapper? Kidding.

Reply to
kellyj00

One other possibility: Be sure you have a true Kohler part. I have been burned once by a part claiming "exact replacement for Kohler" which caused a slight leak in the toilet tank flapper. Only when I replaced it with a part purchased from Kohler did the problem disappear.

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty