Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, i never tried faxing with it

push any button and it powers off immediately

i like this printer and just bought multi packs of ink.....

any ideas?

Reply to
bob haller

Did it happen after changing cartridges or loading paper? Paper jam? Has anyone else used it? I'm sure you must have tried unplugging and powering it up again. It sounds like a power problem with print head carriage or paper feed...

Reply to
bob_villa

it was acting flakey right before it died, no error message touch any button and it shuts down.

i guess i could try the other color cartridge, since i already own the cartridge.

Reply to
bob haller

Try posting to sci.electronics.repair

Reply to
KLayton888

Logic tells me you may have a short on the control panel board. Unplug it and work/tap every button on the panel and try again. I am never going back to inkjet printer. Love multi function color laser printer.

Reply to
Tony Hwang
[snip]

I find my laser printer much better than an inkjet.

One reason it that is is more reliable. No printheads that don't work because they're clogged.

One limitation is the laser won't print on glossy photo paper, but I don't need that very often.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Pretty poor reviews on Amazon:

Personally I'd suspect brand name only probably cheap Chinese piece of junk.

Reply to
Frank

Worst case, he can probably sell the new ink cartridges on Ebay

Reply to
trader_4

Ditto. Laser is not good for picture printing.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There are vine reviewers every where. have to read them with grain of salt.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

thanks i worked over the control panel, blew the dust out with a compressor. and cleaned the unit completely.

the unit says its connected by wi fi but it wouldnt print.

so i am still troubleshooting that......

the wierd push any button unit powers off problem is gone:)

Reply to
bob haller

One or two excellent reviews are always suspect.

I've reviewed several items which were great out of the box but became a headache a month later and you can't go back and change them.

Reply to
Frank

Have a user manual? No? Download it or read the PDF. Did you go thru set up? Like security passphrase, etc. Printer is seeing the WiFi signal but you did not finish set up to connect. Are you using WiFi router? What is the SSID? Printer sees it? Then initiate connection routine to that SSID answering questions it is asking, like WPA2, then passphrase, etc. Or if know how to do WPS, and if the router and printer has WPS buttons, it makes things simple. You push WPS button on the router, then push the same on the printer. Otherwise you have to manually set up. I'd give the printer a fixed IP address. Some routers like Netgear has software WPS button others like Linksys(Belkin) has a real button. I never owned a Kodak printer. If it is really connected did you try to (test)print? What does printer queue say? My WiFi laser printer is always in sleep, as soon as printer queue has something print, it wakes up, print, goes back to sleep. Never goes off line. If you need any more info/help just let me know.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, You caan do a update as follow up, I think.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It should have a self test, print a page test that can be activated by pushing some combination of buttons, printers typically do.

Reply to
trader_4

self test prints a nice test sheet

havent had time to troubleshoot the wouldnt print issue from the computer

Reply to
bob haller

Well, that's good news. It's very likely the remaining issue is just getting it setup with the PC.

Reply to
trader_4

Besides Kodak, this company has the branding rights for Sylvania, Emerson, Sanyo, Magnavox, and others.

Reply to
bob_villa

Did not think you could but people will come back and ask questions about your review and you can answer them and include comments such as it worked fine out of the box but has given me headaches since.

Amazon frequently asks for a review before you have opened the package.

Reply to
Frank
[snip]

Or, how about an ethernet cable? It's a lot simpler and more reliable. No SSID, WPA, WPS, etc... to get right.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd