Kitchen Faucet

I'm told that there are good faucets of all manufacturers these days. It's been a while since I bought one, but it's hard to believe that. I've bought enough crap in the past to be cautious.

I've got a white sink and I'm thinking of getting a white pull down faucet to go with it, got a mystery chrome one now.

Who makes a decent faucet these days and what should I stay away from? Delta, Moen?

What about those side handle faucets.

I have been trying to buy Kohler, but I have sticker shock when it comes to Kitchen Faucets.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Personally I'd buy the one that does the stuff you like as long as it uses the standard holes. Install a shutoff under there & it isn't much of a chore to switch it out.

I spent several hundred on a Moen that was crap in 6 months. [and they don't carry parts and discontinued the model so I couldn't get a replacement that did the things I liked- filter and pull out faucet with a single lever]

I bought a $100 Price Pfister in Jan 08 & it still looks/works like new.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

P/P is a good company. I had problems with a 10 year old kitchen faucet and one Email got me a brand new one in the mail. free

Reply to
gfretwell

When Price Pfister started charging shipping for their constantly problematic kitchen faucet I had (fairly new, but 2 or 3 defective cartriges and 2 leaky sprayers, total), I decided that if I had one more problem, that I'd rip the lemon out. My time and inconvenience are worth something.

I now have a Delta. It is a pull down with a magnetic docking. That part I like. I also like the tall goose neck design.

The part that I don't like as much is the short and awkward lever control that makes it hard to get precise temperature control. It looks nice, but that look comes at the price of function. I also don't like that it has no dead zone at shutoff. If you come .000001 inch short of shutting off the faucet, it doesn't stop the flow. It does shut off, but that lack of dead zone makes you have to try twice every so often.

Reply to
mike

Our village water has a thing for Price-Pfister brass, in my case about 18 months in the kitchen. I respect their warranty program, but sturdiness and longevity are the most important features for me. So far, nearly decade with a low end Kohler. It will likely get replaced for something more fashionable, probably Kohler.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

re: "If you come .000001 inch short of shutting off the faucet, it doesn't stop the flow."

It's not just the fancy "goose neck" Delta's that have this issue. My Mom's low-end Delta does the same thing and has the added feature that the handle must be just about dead-nuts centered to stop the flow.

You can close it as hard as you want, but if it's .000001 inch to the left or right, it drips.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Damn,

So Moen is out, Delta is out. Price Pfister is out.

Don't tell me Glacier Bay!

I did see a Kohler for about $180 that had the pull out faucet. There is still IKEA...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I have a Kohler with the pull out faucet/sprayer. No complaints after a few years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I can afford this:

I'm going to run with my no name for a while though, as I have it.

My Dad put in mostly Kohler. 65+ years it all still works and is beautiful.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

On Sat 16 Oct 2010 05:34:17a, Jeff Thies told us...

I was going to suggest Chicago faucets, but they probably cost more than you want to spend. They seem to last forever.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright