Killfile lists?

I find funny that those that contribute the least, filter the most. The upside is that i found some to add to my list with the Col.

Reply to
ChairMan

If I wanted to have a political conversation, I'd subscribe to alt.politics.

As for Oren, he's a hateful bastard. You are known by the people you hang out with. Why would I want to debate with him in the first place, but on alt.home.repair?

My posting record for DIY subjects is plain enough for anyone to see. I don't engage in this homeowners politics stuff, so just where do you think I post?

As for how much I post, I post about what I know about. Never been a contractor, just a homeowner.

Reply to
Dan Espen

+1

It's possible, even probable, that our resident political hacks have something of actual value to contribute on occasion. Separating those useful posts from the garbage is not something a lot of us want to spend time doing so filtering out those individuals is the most reasonable course of action.

Reply to
sms

Apparently, the nick 'notbob' is far too complex for you.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Thanks man!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks for the list.

What you need for the above is NewsProxy, which I used to use and it actually works well. I have a copy (with source) if anyone needs it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks for the responses. Sorry if I caused strife between individuals that were on a list that was posted, I never considered personal arguments before I asked. I guess I should have asked for email instead of posting in the clear.

I personally don't reveal my list in public, reasoning being, the trolls will only get louder if they see their name. I should have considered that so no one got hurt feelings.

Oh well. When I finish my list for this NG I will post it. It will only have trolls, not any individuals that I plonked for personal reasons.

Thanks again for the responses.

~G

Reply to
G. Morgan

I find that I need to remove things from my score file though, otherwise it would get really big over the years and could slow things down.

Of the Windows newsreaders, I know Agent can expire kill filters. I don't remember if T-bird can do it or not.

I'm not sure why you would filter based on these. For instance, doing "from contains: comcast.net" also kills nospam.comcast.net and comcast.net.invalid and similar things.

I don't remember seeing these very often. Are they really necessary?

Some of these are too specific IMO.

That wouldn't get any of Keith's posts if he changed it up a bit and did snipped-for-privacy@att.bizz

I also like to set some filters to expire after a period of time. I'm not sure you can do that with Tbird.

You can do this in some cases by filtering on the references header, if the spammer's message ID's contain something unique. You don't need to download the article body to do that.

Reply to
Bud Frede

Posting that list just notifies all of the trolls that it's time to change their From info. :-)

Reply to
Bud Frede

Other than adding features to allow people to download binaries, they haven't really done anything for Usenet in a very long time. Most of the stuff they add is for e-mail.

Reply to
Bud Frede

Seriously? Stormin rocks! He's on my white list.

Reply to
asdf ghjk