Posting Same Message In Different NG's

Ha anyone else noticed a trend in folk posting exactly the same topic
in different newgroups but posting them seperately meaning if you want
to reply to the messages you need to reply seperately? Is there any
reason why these messages can't be crossposted .The ones I have
noticed have been to just 2 newsgroups,it's not as if they are posted
to more than that.
Reply to
Sea Monkey
Ha anyone else noticed a trend in folk posting exactly the same topic in different newgroups but posting them seperately meaning if you want to reply to the messages you need to reply seperately? Is there any reason why these messages can't be crossposted .The ones I have noticed have been to just 2 newsgroups,it's not as if they are posted to more than that.
Reply to
Sea Monkey
What, like people posting the same message twice to the same group?
Generally, it is because they are either using poor news software, using poor news server, or maybe they are clueless about how Newsgroups work?
Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee
In message , Sea Monkey writes
Yeah, some buggers even post the same message twice to the same NG
Reply to
geoff
Because some newsreaders, like aioe.org, will only allow limited cross-posting (two or three I believe) along with only allowing a limited amount of text in a post - which can be interesting when responding to a long, unsnipped posts.
Unbeliever
Reply to
Unbeliever
Tut Tut Don't be so rude
I'm living the dream I live in flat in Glasgow with a R reg mondeo yippee I've made it to the top whoa.
Reply to
Sea Monkey
Sometimes I choose to do it if one of the groups has a very high "noise to signal" ratio. Rather than contaminate the "sane" group with all the "crazies" replies, I'll post to the groups separately.
Tim
Reply to
Tim
For people who filter out articles with excessive crossposting, that action has exactly the wrong effect.
Reply to
Ian White

Site Timeline Threads