Kill lichen/moss on roof

What should I use to kill lichen/moss on my roof?

I've seen recs for (1) household bleach (2) "oxygen bleach" (whatever that is) (3) copper compounds (but I haven't really been able to find such products)

Reply to
woger151

dont use bleach anything it will harm your shingles......

Reply to
bob haller

Zinc of some sort has been used for years. Google it.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Zinc sulfate monohydrate, to be specific. Iron works well for moss in my lawn, but I've never tried it on my roof.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

Copper works too. Often a copper wire is laid gable to gable on either side of the peak. As you point out, zinc is also used, in strips, along or near the peak. Zinc is cheaper than copper but, IFAIK, not as effective (requires more area surfaced in zinc).

krw

That's called PREMEDITATED MURDER !!!!

I have called the police........

Reply to