Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers With Plastic Handles

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973

See:

Brian

I just got my replacement yesterday

Reply to
ZZyXX

Thanks for posting. but I'm tempted to call bs on the 2.7 million plastic handled fire extinguishers in Canada .. I've never seen a single one. .. just folded aluminum on the little guys. .. if it's a batch of them in the 1980's - 1990's they are in the landfill - long ago. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I've got 4 and I've never purchased a single one! OTOH, I live in USA. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Just looked at mine, it's metal. I don't think I've ever seen a plastic one.

Reply to
TimR

The one I bought this year has metal handles, but I do have an older one (about 10 years old) with plastic handles and it is on the recall list.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

They are starting to quibble on which ones they will replace. If you got in early (months ago) the replacement was pretty much automatic. Now they are saying they will not replace extingusihers with curved plastic handles (and other lame excuses). I suspect they underestimated how many were still out there and how many people would apply. I have been waiting over a month with no word from Kidde

Reply to
gfretwell

I also have one, plastic handle, and did not pay for it as it was a safety prize. It is not on the list. I thought it should be but if I haven't needed to use in 35 years and have another extinguisher so am not worried.

Reply to
Frank

In a past life I used to service fire extinguishers. I would not put my name to this sort of shit.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire