Kenmore oven door will not stay shut.

Hi, I have a Kenmore oven (model # 665.95781) that has a door that will not close all the way. It closes to within the distance of turning off the stove light but it also will open slightly to let the light on. Is there some sort of adjustment to the spring mechanism on the door itself? Perhaps the door needs another form of adjustment. If there is anyone out there that can help I would appreciate the suggestions. Thanks. Lou in Duluth, MN

Reply to
lou

Probably a not tight enough spring:(

Check under the oven on either side, frequently there are adjustable springs there just set to the next tightest setting

Reply to
hallerb

G'day,

That is part of a full model#. I found 665.95781000

No adjustements to the springs, they are built into the hinge. Bad door hinges, oven racks in backwards, door gasket, door panal bent, door hitting the lock are some possible common trouble makers.

oven door X 2.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid