Kenmore Dryer drying poorly

My new Kenmore gas dryer (installed in December) seems to have developed 2 conditions:

1) drying is intermittent. It definitely heats up in some occasions, but frequently at the end of the cycle (I've switched the setting from "Normal" to "More Dry"), the drum is not hot and the clothes are still damp.

2) the lint screen used to have a sheet of lint up to about 1/3 the screen length. Now, no matter how much or what type of clothing I put in, I only get a small tuft of lint in one corner.

Any ideas what might be the problem before I set up a repair appointment?

Reply to
Chris Bastian

Check the venting, especially at the exhaust end (out the house). I found a lot of lint there recently as I had a bit of blockage: the flap wasn't able to open as the critter guard was lodged up against it.

This might save you a service call and give you a wake up call all in one!

Good luck

Reply to
edee em

Hi,

Since the dryer is still under warranty do not get too deep into the dryer itself and void your warranty!! Do for sure check things outside of the dryer....venting, vent hood for air flow as poor air flow problem will give the results like you describe.

sections.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

That sounds like a typical vent problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan